Information we obtain
At Ivy New York we collect personal information about you in order to optimize our service and your shopping experience. We obtain this information about you as soon as you engage with us and use our Services, including, but not limited to, when you purchase products from our website, register on our website, and interact with any social media or digital marketing functions we provide.
The information that we collect includes, but is not limited to:
- Personal Information (name, date of birth, gender.);
- Username and Password;
- Contact Information (e-mail address, home address, telephone number.);
- Payment Information (Credit / Debit Card details, delivery address, billing address);
- Purchase and Transaction information;
- Marketing Preferences, such as consent to subscribe to our newsletter or set up an account;
- Contact Log (If you contact us by e-mail, telephone or any other type of third-party application we operate on, eg. WeChat, we may keep a record of that interaction.
We collect Device Information using the following technologies:
( For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit: http://www.allaboutcookies.org. )
- “Log files” track actions occurring on the Site, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
- “Web beacons,” “tags,” and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Site.
- We also collect information including, but not limited to:
- Information about the browser, device or operating system you use to access our Website.
- IP address and the website you originated from.
- location data (such as data derived from your IP address, country and/or zip code)
How we use this information
- Communicate with you;
- Personalize our products and services for you;
- Process and complete your order(s);
- Improve our products and services;
- Keep internal records;
- Provide customer service care;
- Send you information about changes in our terms or policies;
- Screen our orders for potential risks of fraud;
- Protect against, identify and prevent fraud and other unlawful activity, claims and other liabilities.
- Periodically send promotional email or messenger newsletters about new products, special offers or other information we think you may find interesting. This is done using the email address which you have provided.
- place cookies and use similar tracking mechanisms (view cookies policy) to personalize your content and to optimize website functions.
In addition, we process your personal information to comply with and enforce applicable legal requirements to which we are subject and for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims, whether in court proceedings or in an administrative or out-of-court procedure.
If you no longer wish for us to use your personal information for marketing purposes, you may wish to click the “Unsubscribe” link found at the bottom of all our emails.
Who we share this information with
We share your Personal Information with third parties to help us use your Personal Information, as described above. For example, we use Shopify to power our online store--you can read more about how Shopify uses your Personal Information here: https://www.shopify.com/legal/privacy.
We also use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the Site--you can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/
You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
Finally, we may also share your Personal Information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful requests for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights.
As described above, we use your Personal Information to provide you with targeted advertisements or marketing communications we believe may be of interest to you. For more information about how targeted advertising works, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s (“NAI”) educational page at: http://www.networkadvertising.org/understanding-online-advertising/how-does-it-work
You can opt out of targeted advertising by:
FACEBOOK - https://www.facebook.com/settings/?tab=ads
GOOGLE - https://www.google.com/settings/ads/anonymous
BING - https://advertise.bingads.microsoft.com/en-us/resources/policies/personalized-ads
Additionally, you can opt out of some of these services by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out portal at http://optout.aboutads.info/
Data Protection Act 1998
If you are a European resident, you have the right to access the personal information we hold about you and to ask that your personal information is corrected, updated, or deleted. If you would like to exercise this right, please contact us through the contact information below.
Additionally, if you are a European resident we note that we are processing your information in order to fulfill contracts we might have with you (for example if you make an order through the Site), or otherwise to pursue our legitimate business interests listed above. Lastly, please note that your information will be transferred outside of Europe, including to Canada and the United States.
Do Not Track
Please note that we do not alter our Site’s data collection and use practices when we see a Do Not Track signal from your browser.
When you place an order through the Site, we will maintain your Order Information for our records unless and until you ask us to delete this information.
Changes to this policy
For more information about our privacy practices, if you have questions, or if you would like to make a complaint, please contact us by e-mail at: firstname.lastname@example.org
or mail us at:
IVY New York LLC Co. Limited
Company Address: Suite 1301 Prince's Building, 10 Chater Road, Central Hong Kong